The largest ocean cruise lines in the world are back in business, once again, after a long break. All these giants of the seas offer incredible cruising experiences with luxurious accommodations, exotic services, high-end facilities, memorable fine dining, exclusive itineraries, scenic destinations, exploring activities, and endless entertainment. Weighing in on voyaging experiences around the globe, the World’s Best Awards or WBA honors the exceptional cruise lines of the industry. Here are a few top picks to choose from for your next holiday:
Norwegian Cruise Line
This cruise line is a WBA Hall of Fame honoree and a winner of World Travel Awards for 14 years in a row. Known for breaking boundaries in the cruising industry, it offers versatile vacationing with freestyle experiences. The award-winning ships of the company boast innovative 3D designs and are particularly styled for a wide range of entertainment and diverse dining options while cruising to beautiful and spectacular destinations all around the world.
With the reputation of WBA Hall of Fame honor by its side, this cruise line offers ultimate effortless and personalized cruising experiences to its onboard guests with top-notch accommodation and entertainment options. The award-winning shore excursions come with top-rated destinations, outstanding experiences, and exceptional leisure and dining services. Their hassle-free touring plans allow you to savor and explore the world at your own pace.
The award-winning ships of this WBA Hall of Fame honoree cruise line deliver diverse onboard experiences to the guests. There are entertainment attractions like waterparks, amusement parks, ice skating rinks, etc. on a few ships, while the others wow the voyagers with sophisticated décor, gourmet cuisine, impressive modern art collection, and live performances. The world-class services and amenities of the cruise line are an all-time industry favorite.
Royal Caribbean International
This WBA Hall of Fame honoree cruise line allows the voyagers to take an adventure to new heights with endless opportunities. Making the most of every moment, each itinerary of this luxury cruising experience is filled with world-class dining, game-changing activities, show-stopping entertainment, and plenty of other options. The incredible travel destinations include private islands, some of the best beaches in the world, lush rainforests, Alaskan glaciers, etc.
This luxurious cruise line offers the ultimate ecstasy of cruising with incredible onboard experiences. From solo sailors to large groups, the curated accommodations and services of its ships are suitable for every interest and appetite. With a range of itineraries for scenic destinations all across the globe, the voyages include superyacht-styled accommodations, Michelin-star dining, immersive exclusive entertainment, and relaxing wellness programs.
The Burmese breakfast stew or Mohinga is the national dish of Myanmar in its own right. This savory and fulfilling noodle soup contains hearty ingredients packed with classic Burmese flavor, all in one bowl. Make this delicious stew to start your day with a powerful punch.
Ingredients (For 4 Servings)
The Ground Toasted Rice:
• Uncooked Jasmine rice, ½ cup
• Water, 3 quarts • Freshly ground black and white pepper, 1½ teaspoons each • Dry bay leaves, 5 pieces • Lemongrass, 3 stalks (Peeled, slightly bruised, and cut into 3-inches pieces.) • Ginger, 4-inch piece (Cut crosswise into thick slices.) • Catfish fillets, 6 pieces or 2½ pounds (Skinned and deboned.) • Kosher salt, as per taste
• Vegetable oil, 1/3 cup • Finely minced lemongrass, 1 stalk • Minced garlic, ¼ cup • Minced ginger, 3 tablespoons • Red onions, 2 (Peeled and diced into ½-inch pieces) • Paprika, 1 tablespoon • Turmeric, 1 teaspoon • Fish sauce, ¼ cup • Kosher salt, as per taste
• Fine round rice noodles, 10 ounces • Hard-boiled eggs, 4 (Sliced in halves) • Chopped cilantro, ½ cup • Medium-sized or 6 ounces red onion, ½ (Thinly sliced) • Limes, 2 (Cut into quarters)
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take a sheet pan and layout the uncooked rice evenly on it. Toast the rice for 30 minutes for 10 minutes. Cooldown to room temperature, and grind it to a fine powder.
• Add water in a 4 quart-sized pot, and add bay leaves, ginger, lemongrass, black, white peppercorns, and salt. Cook for 15 minutes.
• Put the fish fillets into the pot. Bring the mixture again to a simmer and gently cook the fish for 15 minutes. Then carefully lift the fish out of the broth and reserve for later.
• Next, strain the broth. Rinse the pot and pour the clear broth back again. Heat over medium heat and bring it to a simmer. Meanwhile, take a small bowl and whisk the powdered rice together with a ladleful of broth. Keep whisking until no lumps remain. Then stir the mixture into the broth and bring it to a simmer until it thickens slightly.
• Heat oil in a wok. Add the garlic, ginger, and lemongrass and stir fry for 1 minute. Then add the cooked fish fillets, turmeric, and paprika, and mash everything into a paste. Pour the contents into the broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Next, add the fish sauce and red onions, and cook for 10 minutes. Season the broth with salt, and keep it hot till the serving time.
• Meanwhile boil the noodles for 3-4 minutes. Drain the noodles and divide them noodles among 4 bowls. Ladle the hot soup over it. Top each bowl with a halved boiled egg, thinly sliced red onions, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges. Serve piping hot.