Along with all the adventures and exploring, one of the most quintessential camping experiences is roasting food over a campfire and enjoying hot delicious treats under the starry sky. Don’t limit your camp-food imagination with marshmallows on a stick and hotdogs. Surprise yourself and your fellow campers with the camp version of a classic dessert- apple pie on a stick.
Apple Pie and Variation
Be it a warm summer evening or a chilly fall night, the sumptuous flavor of ripe apples and warm spices baked all together is the classic favorite in its own right! There are various camping-friendly dehydrated versions of apple crisp are available in the market. But nothing beats the fresh warm taste of the desert, when you get your hands a bit dirty, even on the road. Substituting a crust with a readymade option and sliced pieces with whole roasted apples, this easy shortcut camping-friendly version of the classic delight is nothing short in taste and feel.
• Rome or Jonathan Apple, minimum 1 per head
• Granola, ½ cup (Optional)
• Granulated sugar, 1 cup
• Cinnamon powder, 1 tablespoon
Steps to Prepare
• Combine granulated sugar and powdered cinnamon.
• Push a stick through the core of an apple until it is secure on the stick. Add another one or more depending upon the length of the stick.
• Place the apples 2 or 3 inches above the fire. Turn the stick periodically while roasting. As the apples cook, the skins would be started to get browned and juice would be dripping slightly.
• After the skins get loose, remove the apples from the fire, but leave them on the stick. Carefully peel off the hot skins.
• Then roll the apples in the cinnamon sugar and roast them again over the fire, until the sugar mixture forms a warm glaze all over the apples.
• Finally, remove the apples from the hit, and roll them in the granola, if you prefer a top layer of crust. Let them cool a bit, then just bite in!
The Best City Walking Tours to Take on Google Maps
If you’re bored of sitting at home and staring at the same four walls, then why don’t you go on a city walking tour? A virtual one, of course. There are so many amazing virtual activities that you can do to pass the time, but this is perhaps one of our favorites to date. All you need is internet access and the ability to work Google Maps. When you’ve got this ready to go, all you need is a sense of adventure.
Old Havana Walking Tour — Havana, Cuba
Havana is one of the most beautiful places in the world, and it seems as though this Cuban city is steeped in history. The cobblestones and ancient architecture are a feast for the eyes, and you can see this on a walking tour around Old Havana. To start this tour, drop your Google Maps figure on the Plaza de la Catedral, and you can then make your way away from the square and into the heart of Old Havana.
Arcades And Laneways Walking Tour — Melbourne, Australia
Melbourne is known for being hip and cool, and you can see this for yourself as you make your way down the arcades and laneways of this city. Featuring impressive street art and bustling boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and cafes, you can check out the whole area while also feeling as though you’re there and walking amongst those who have previously been able to explore Melbourne.
Old Bangkok Walking Tour — Bangkok, Thailand
If you’ve never been to Bangkok but have always wanted to go, then why not make use of a virtual walking tour? You can start this tour at the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, and there’s no doubt about the fact that you could spend hours exploring this temple alone. When you venture away from the intricate architecture, though, you’ll still be impressed.
Ready for a virtual walking tour? All you need is Google Maps!